We’ve done it. We have finally gone too far. For years we have attributed the arrival of autumn with beautiful reds, golds and yellows of leaves changing color. The chill in the morning after the last days of summer. Darkness coming earlier and yes football season if you’re American (or like American football).
However over the last few years, the traditional announcement of Fall has changed. It seemed cheerful at first, welcoming even. Just an innocent little kick to your coffee that has now morphed into something more sinister, more….. commercial. We have gone full tilt into the cult of PUMPKIN SPICE!
The level of ridiculousness of the things you can purchase with a dash of Pumpkin spice is pretty high. Here are the top 13 items that you can purchase with the added bonus of having an unnecessary Fall flavor.
12. Pumpkin Spice milk: What else would you dunk your Pumpkin Spice Oreos in?
10. Pumpkin Spice Pringles: Hey we are on a roll
8. Pumpkin Spice fettucine: Because let’s drag Italy into this mess
7. Pumpkin Spice Seltzer water: Pumpkin soda without the benefit of sugar
6. Pumpkin Spice Moonshine: Because yes alcohol and Pumpkin go hand in hand
5. Pumpkin Spice Butter: I’m not sure why
4. Pumpkin Spice Jello pudding: More than likely disgusting
3. Pumpkin Spice Nail polish:Why the heck not
2. Pumpkin Spice Shampoo: We’re getting desperate and a bit shameless
1. Pumpkin Spice Hair dye: Because everyone wants hair the color of dead leaves.
At this point there is no stopping it. Sometimes it seems as if I’m the only one aware of this insidious plague of things being flavored with pumpkin spice that don’t necessarily need to be flavored with pumpkin spice. For the foreseeable future, this flavor seems to be a new way of life. First they came for our food and drinks and now their coming for us. I blame Starbucks.
Munichmom tip. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are now available a Starbucks;)